Westfield Group is one of the largest non-public companies in and a leading regional insurance and financial services group, headquartered in an attractive historical community just 45 minutes southwest of Cleveland, OH. We have a rich 162-year history of providing service excellence, innovation and opportunity for our employees, agents, policyholders, business partners and the communities we serve. Included in our history is a long list of employee-friendly accolades we’ve received for creating an outstanding work environment.
Job Summary: Under direct supervision, conducts analyses, recommendations, or special projects of an actuarial nature. This is an entry-level actuarial position.
Preparation of various rate or reserve analysis including:
· Provides recommendations on pricing matters
· Gives input on pricing and monitoring of new programs
· Determines loss and loss expense reserve recommendations
· Preparation of state filing material
· Development of management reports
· Contributes to the communication and coordination of activities to support corporate objectives
· Develops and expands knowledge of generally accepted actuarial methods
· Develops and maintains adequate knowledge and awareness of industry activities through attendance at seminars, reading trade journals and magazines, and through personal contact with other insurance companies, state regulatory bodies and professional affiliations.
· Develops and expands knowledge of relevant tools and technologies
Performs other duties as assigned.
· BS or BA degree preferably in actuarial science, mathematics or related field.
· Competency with personal computers
Ability to operate a computer.
Ability to communicate via telephone
· Credit for completion of one actuarial exam
Benefits include competitive salary, profit sharing, 401K program and pension plan, on site fitness facility, flexible work environment, on site cafeteria, bakery and free parking