VP STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
8 Hour Day Shift
Average Hours per Week:
This position is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing business development strategies, care delivery re-design, and development of new Accountable Care Organization (ACO) models for Via Christi Health. Responsibilities will include identifying organization strengths, weaknesses and business opportunities; investigating system diversification into new businesses; identifying and coordinating strategic alliances and/or partnerships; overseeing organization development projects, acting as a change agent in collaboration with operating leaders; and developing and managing new infrastructure startup models. This position carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Develops to link quality of care to payment processes.
· Incorporates use of predictive analytics in cost and utilization forecasting into program development.
· Aligns resources in ACOs, depending on model used, including managing risk, developing integrated delivery networks and supporting business growth.
· Develops startup models as required; e.g., physician model to support seniors in assisted living settings.
· Leads the research, development, and execution of new ACO models and re-design of care delivery through an innovation approach and methodology.
· Leads the development of ACO business plans, and oversees associated communication process and plans with stakeholders.
· Develops and manages capital and operational budgets in support of the ACO models and business units.
· Serves as an innovation leader, change agent, and coach for all assigned staff and assigned initiatives.
· Builds strong dyad relationships between physicians and administrative/leadership community.
· Supports ministry operating leaders in the development and execution of clinical integration through a collaborative business planning process.
· Contacts health care providers and other stakeholders in the state and region to determine needs and opportunities as it pertains to ACO development. Serve as a team member responsible for strategy development for the System.
· Develops market and project analyses to support decision making.
· Serves as a member of the System executive leadership, providing appropriate comment on issues other than business development.
· May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Oversees as direct reports a team of program managers, specialist; interacts with other directors of clinical service areas. Exercise project management in keeping team working on project deliverables.
Education and/or Experience
· Prefer a Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent with a minimum of ten years experience in an accountable care organization (prefer from Texas, Michigan, Minnesota or California) and experience with population based management, and a minimum of five years experience in health care or insurance industry (risk model environment).
· Demonstrated skill in networking, conducting research in best practices and performing site visit evaluation.
· Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in evolving business from fee for service to value based services.
· Demonstrated capability in innovative problem solving and delivering successful alternatives on projects.
· A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, collaboration, innovation, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
· Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
· Must have thorough knowledge of ACOs and health care industry with demonstrated ability to achieve results through sound analysis and business plans.
· Must have excellent communication and analytical skills, and excellent inter-personal skills.
· Must have exceptional creative and strategic thinking and problem solving ability.
· Demonstrated talent to facilitate group discussion and reach consensus among diverse interests.
· Must have strong comprehension of health policy, legislative and regulatory process.
· Demonstrated ability to relate to and work with management, board members, medical staff members, industry and government leaders, and the public.
· Must have strong management skills to oversee multiple initiatives and associated staff while building infrastructure for new business model/s.
· Must have process improvement and design development skills that result in innovative solutions of transformation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
· Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds for short distances.
· Occasionally required to stand or walk.
· Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
· Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
· Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
· Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
· Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
· Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
· Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
· Spans across the continuum of services and population served by Via Christi Health.