The primary responsibility of the BARTENDER - BANQUETS
is to provide unmatched customer service through the prompt and accurate delivery of beverage service to all guests and cocktail servers. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Job duties include but not limited to:
· Efficiently take beverage and food orders, preparing alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with department specifications, comprehensive knowledge of all beverage functions including mixing of drinks and operation of all bar equipment.
· Provides unmatched service to guests at all times. Proactively seeks guest service opportunities.
· Interacts with internal and external guests taking drink orders, upselling and delivering high quality drink orders to the guests in a timely manner.
· Must be familiar with both semi and modified beverage club service
· Handles cash and credit transactions accurately and efficiently associated with beverage sales and provides appropriate change to the guest based on beverage sales.
· Knowledge and terminology of beer, wine, and spirits. Must be familiar with domestic and import beers, different types of wine, brand name spirits, and garnishments.
· Knowledge and understanding of Alcohol Awarness training to include sale or service of alcohol.
· Must have understanding of liquor par levels
· Is responsible for ensuring that the beverage preparation areas comply with Clark County Health Codes. Performs other duties as assigned by management. Works in an appropriate non-hazardous manner avoiding self injury and unsafe work methods.
· Must be regularly checked by supervisor to ensure proper handling of equipment and proper lifting techniques.
· Provides accurate directions and information for guest inquires and is knowledgeable about all aspects of the Venetian Casino Resort services, features, attractions, promotions and special events.
· Perform additional duties as directed by management.