Department: Beverage Services
Type of Position: Part-Time
Category: Food and Beverage Job Description
Description of the Position:
Team Member is responsible for providing beverage service to all guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner displaying a high standard of guest service. Perform all duties in accordance with Valley View Casino & Hotel policies and within the realm of the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Mission Statement.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Responsible for prompt, efficient and courteous beverage service to guests in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards.
• Performs necessary tasks to service customers, i.e.; taking and filling all beverage orders and assisting in maintaining customers gaming area in a clean and neat manner.
• Monitors customer needs on a continual basis ensuring all beverage requests will be promptly fulfilled.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Maintains assigned area for cleanliness.
• Assists other beverage personnel with maintenance (sidework, opening/closing duties) as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned by Beverage Manager.
• Previous customer service experience.
• Team Member must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Team Member must have a friendly, energetic personality.
• Ability to communicate in English in both written and oral forms.
• Ability to present selves in an organized and approachable manner.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, guidelines, policies and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak and perform effectively before groups of guests or team members of our casino.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
• Ability to meet uniform specifications for department.
• Must use good judgment when providing information to our guests.
• Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year of beverage service experience.
• Previous experience in a gaming environment.
• Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using Valley View Casino & Hotel’s communication tools which include but are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member may be required to stand and walk/sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.