Type of Position: Part-Time
Category: Food and Beverage Job Description
Description of the Position:
Responsible for cleaning and resetting tables and monitoring tables for customer needs and duties requested by supervisory personnel. Performing all duties in an efficient, courteous manner displaying a high standard of customer service. Perform all duties in accordance with Valley View Casino & Hotel’s policies and within the realm of the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Mission Statement.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Responsible for clearing all tables and resetting them for new seating, ensuring tables are set in accordance with venue standards.
• Ensure guests are achieving a pleasurable dining experience.
• Assist Food Servers in serving throughout their meal, observing the guests for any requests for service. Clear all dishes from the table after guests are through eating, continually providing them with a clean, neat eating area.
• Perform as a team member with venue Host, Supervisors, Food Servers and Kitchen Staff in maintaining a smooth and efficient operation.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, and team members while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
• Maintain a cleanliness of all side stations. Also responsible for stocking side stations.
• Flexibility and adaptability to a changing clientele and environment.
• Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor, Manager and/or Department Director.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Six months of experience as a Host/Hostess, Food Server or Bus Person in a full-service restaurant or an equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to demonstrate the ability to work in a team unit and take direction from management.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English which can include reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of the organization.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Previous experience in a casino or gaming environment.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member is occasionally required to sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is required to stand for the majority of the shift; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.