Type of Position: Part-Time
Description of the Position:
Responsible for properly executing security duties on assigned shift to adequately protect the life and property of guests, Team Members and the company’s property.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
* All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
* Utilizes computer to generate necessary written reports regarding security-related incidents involving guests, Team Members and/or the facility or property.
* Escorts and observes guests and Team Members to ensure their safety and protection. Identifies potential safety hazards and report them to management for proper resolution.
* Becomes familiar with hazardous materials used on property and all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding hazardous materials.
* Acts as a Dispatcher during emergency situations and coordinates solutions during this time. Informs outside agencies of any unusual or suspicious situations on property.
* Operates company vehicles as directed to do so.
* Maintains a working knowledge of the Company’s facilities and property, as well as special events in order to advise guests and fellow Team Members.
* Ensures safe transportation of company moneys and gaming tokens; assists in the opening and closing of the gaming tables.
* Maintains a series of keys, accessing locked areas as necessary.
* Accepts identification from all persons who appear to be under the legal age to ensure compliance with state and federal gaming regulations.
* Interacts with guests and Team Members in a positive, professional manner.
* Ensures a maximum level of customer service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained.
* Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
* Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner
* Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Possession of valid California Driver License and a good driving record.
* Demonstrated computer skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to acquire and maintain the required proprietary guard card.
* Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to apply commonsense reasoning to a variety of situations. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
* Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
* Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
* Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
* Previous experience in law enforcement or gaming security.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
* The Team Member is occasionally required to sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
* The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
* The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
* The Team Member is occasionally subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
* The Team Member is regularly subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
* Native American hiring preference applies.
* This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
* You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
* Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
* The job description is not a contract for employment.