Type of Position: Part-Time
Category: Food and Beverage Job Description
Description of the Position:
Responsible for providing dining service to all guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner, displaying a high standard of guest service.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
* All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
* Responsible for prompt, efficient and courteous service of food and beverages to restaurant customers in accordance with venue standards.
* Performs necessary tasks to service customers, i.e. taking and filling all food and drink orders and assisting in maintaining customer dining areas in a clean and neat manner.
* Monitors customer needs on a continual basis ensuring all requests will be promptly fulfilled.
* Interacts with all Team Members in a professional and courteous manner producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation.
* Assists other restaurant personnel with maintenance (side work, opening/closing duties) as necessary.
* Flexibility and adaptability to a changing clientele and environment.
* Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor, Manager and/or Department Director.
* Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner
* Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* One year of food service experience.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner using English in written, verbal and oral form.
* Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
* Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
* Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
* Bi-lingual in English and a second language.
* Previous experience in a gaming/casino environment.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
* The Team Member is regularly required to sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
* The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
* The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
* The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
* The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
* Native American hiring preference applies.
* This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
* You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
* Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
* The job description is not a contract for employment.