Promotional Cast Member
Type of Position: Part-Time
Description of the Position:
The Promotional Cast Member position is a character unique to Valley View Casino & Hotel and is a valuable marketing tool. This character is a Valley View Casino & Hotel trademark and the Team Member must meet specific guidelines for costume, image and casting established for this position. The Promotional Cast Member is responsible for providing a specified service to all casino guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner displaying and maintaining Valley View Casino & Hotel’s high standards of service.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• All team members are responsible for understanding and accurately communicating promotions in their entirety.
• All team members are responsible for promoting Valley View promotions by designated theme or perform portraying specific costumed character roles.
• Will be required to remain in character throughout the shift and before a large number of guests each day.
• May be required to perform in character for meet & greets, promotional and or media events.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Six months of dramatic acting or training required.
• Ability to learn casino promotions and accurately communicate to our guests.
• Must be able to remain in character with improvisational skills.
• Must meet the appearance and guest service requirements outlined for the character.
• Strong bi-lingual skills in English and a second language; preferably Spanish or an Asian dialect.
• Ability to present themselves in an organized and approachable manner.
• Candidates must meet audition requirements and have the ability to meet physical movement and animation skills.
• Ability to portray them self in character.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, guidelines, policies and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak and perform effectively before groups of guests or team members of our casino.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
• Must use good judgment when providing information to our guests.
• Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using Valley View Casino & Hotel’s communication tools which include but are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member may be required to sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member may be required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member may be required to stand and walk wearing costumes.
• Team Members are required to maintain an image consistent with the guidelines for this position.
• Must be able push, pull, and lift or move up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to work in costumes weighing more than 15 lbs.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.