Cashier (Deli Attendant)
Type of Position: Full-Time
Category: Customer Service Job Description
Description of the Position:
Responsible for preparing and dispensing food to guests, maintaining necessary stock of related foods and condiments and cashiering for related purchases. Team Member will work under general supervision and rely on limited experience, instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Prepares and dispenses food to guests.
• Responsible for ensuring cleanliness and hygiene of work area are in accordance with Company standards.
• Maintains a stock of all necessary related food supplies.
• Refills and stocks condiment and dining ware.
• Participates as a team member with supervisors and all other pertinent company Team Members in ensuring an efficiently run operation.
• Maintain count and balance of bank at the beginning and end of each shift.
• Responsible for all cash handling, credit card and/or comp purchases at assigned station.
• Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction: deal with service failures and prioritize guest needs.
• Other duties as assigned by Restaurant Manager.
• Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, as they relate to the department.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• This position is on the casino floor and applicants must be 21 years or older.
• One year of cash handling experience.
• One year of customer service experience.
• Ability to maintain a food handler’s certificate.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, guidelines, policies and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to use commonsense understanding to interpret and carry an extensive variety of instructions in written, oral and/or diagram form.
• Must use good judgment when providing information to our guests.
• Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using Valley View Casino & Hotel’s communication tools which include but are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member is required to stand, walk, and sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.