Count Team Attendant
Type of Position: Full-Time
Responsible for the slot drop and kiosk drop on casino floor. Responsible for the count of monies and tickets in the count room and the reconciliation of the counts, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, Federal and State laws governing monetary transactions and company policies, procedures and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Maintains a thorough, working knowledge of laws, rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, as well as company policies, procedures and controls.
* Assists in actual count in the count room.
* Prepares various reports, including tally sheets, transfer sheets, audit fills and credit slips; reconciles all totals to the utility programs and hand counts and then forwards all information to appropriate department(s).
* Ensures the integrity of all count transactions.
* Maintains accurate records, reports, and other required paperwork in the Count Department.
* Operates the equipment daily and performs minor repairs and maintenance and light housekeeping as needed.
* Conducts the necessary research to effectively resolve count disputes.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
* Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of the count, and departmental records and reports.
* Assists in the actual floor drop with the Drop Team.
* Responsible, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of the kiosk drop and the slot drop.
* Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required.
Effective communication skills required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate. Must be able to multitask as in operate currency-counting machines and computers simultaneously.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals in a timely manor.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the DROP: the Team Member is required to be able to lift a minimum of twenty-five pounds, and push a rolling cart weighing up to 500 pounds. The job includes lifting, squatting, bending, and various other maneuvers to perform the kiosk drop and slot drop; utilizing large rolling cages, cassettes and various BV cans, turn keys repetitively to lock and unlock, move at a fast pace around casino floor. The Team Member is required to repetitively pull, push, and carry multiple BV cans. The Team Member is required to repetitively use barcode scanners in the scanning of barcodes on the casino floor.
While performing the duties in the COUNT ROOM: the Team Member is required to be able to be in a closed room with no windows up to 4 hours without a break. It is highly recommended that this individual not have issues with claustrophobia. The Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear generally; also to hear different and separate tones and pitches of machinery. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand for long periods of time; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, turn keys repetitively to lock and unlock. The Team Member is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is regularly required to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, and often move rolling carts weighing up to 500 hundred pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Count Room team member regularly works with money; the noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The dust level in the work environment is heavy.
The Floor Drop team member regularly works on the casino floor; the team member may be exposed to a smoking environment and the noise level in the work environment is usually loud.