Type of Position: Part-Time
Category: Customer Service Job Description
Description of the Position:
Responsible for greeting valet and casino guests in a positive, friendly, courteous manner, providing information and assistance, whenever possible. Provides information to guests regarding casino promotions and upcoming special events in an informative, friendly manner.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Assists customers promptly and courteously in Valet check-in and check-out.
• Runs for all pick-ups from the Valet lot (weather conditions permitting), in accordance with established safety guidelines.
• Maintains a working knowledge of company facilities, as well as special events on property in order to advise guests and fellow Team Members of same, whenever possible.
• Responsible for accurately maintaining an inventory of all Valet keys checked in and out of the Valet Department.
• Responsible for the accuracy and accountable of storing, filing, and returning keys to proper locations.
• Ensures that work areas are clean, neat and well stocked with supplies.
• Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction in Valet is achieved and maintained.
• Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings with all Transportation team membersDisplays friendly, polite, and patient telephone etiquette.
• Responsible for inputting data and entering all Valet car keys into computer software system accurately.
• Complies with all department policies/procedures and standards.
• Responds to special requests of guests, as well as guest complaints and inquiries in a calm, prompt and courteous manner.
• Provide instruction on and/or guidance for guest/team member safety in fire or any other emergency situation.
• Report any unsafe equipment or unusual situation to immediate supervisor.
• Attend all training classes as directed by the company.
• Attend and participates in pre-shift department meetings.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
• Comply with all departmental service guarantees.
• Responsible for protecting the assets of Valley View Casino & Hotel.
• Other duties as assigned by the Valet Supervisor and/or Transportation Manager.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must have the ability to provide an outstanding guest experience.
• Must have a valid California Driver License.
• Must have the ability to be insured by Valley View Casino & Hotel.
• Must be consistently out-going, pleasant, and display a friendly demeanor to all guests and Team Members.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.
• Must be willing to work weekends and/or holidays, as scheduled.
• Must be flexible with hours or shifts.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
• Communicates clearly and effectively both orally and in writing; able to logically and independently plan, organize and complete work.
• Able to make progress on multiple assignments under time constraints.
• Able to perceive quality of work, read material and review documents; write tickets; receive instructions and hear inquiries from guests or team members.
• Able to remain alert throughout the duration of the shift and to remain calm during emergency situations.
• Able to act independently while analyzing data and drawing conclusions from written and computer generated materials.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
• Ability to stand on a hard surface for long periods of time.
• Ability to effectively resolve problems based on common sense use of reasoning.
• Must use good judgment when providing information to our guests.
• Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Previous valet experience.
• Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using Valley View Casino & Hotel’s communication tools which include but are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member will be required to stand, walk, and sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; run; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.