List All Jobs
Customer Representative II
08 / 29 / 2013
Weekday - Days
Full/Part Time Status:
To solicit freight orders from a designated and assigned base of USX customers by fax, phone, e-mail, web based platforms and electronic data interchange and once received, enter the freight orders into the XPM New Order Management System for process and service.
· Consistently and continually solicit committed and non committed freight orders from a designated and assigned customer base via a multitude of communication exchanges on a daily basis, commensurate with company and business level needs.
· Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to allow for the greatest opportunities in generating the highest level of freight order volumes.
· Continuously monitor all available communication exchanges of receiving freight load orders to accept available loads
· Aggressively accept, preaccept and enter all freight orders into the XPM New Order Management System.
· Work with all Directors of Planning and Customer Service Managers to maximize the amount of freight orders to accept. Offer and outsource the appropriate loads to the USX network of carriers.
· Track and trace all active orders for current on-time status and proactively contact customers, providing them with shipment status. Seek alternate solutions with customers in the event of a service deviation, including change of pick up or delivery appointments.
· Keep customers informed of the status of deliveries, including in some cases updating of the customer web sites or EDI exchanges. Contact load planning and fleet management whenever it appears likely that USX may not meet a commitment to seek alternate truck assignment for the load or other solution to prevent service failure to customer.
· Record and notate customer complaints regarding freight orders. Remedy customer complaints regarding USX service to maximize customer satisfaction.
· Maintain customer call solicitation sheets daily, notating contact with customer, number of loads booked, current trailer pools and any customer comments. Submit the completed call sheets to the appropriate field Sales Representatives and Customer Service Managers.
· Interface with field Sales personnel to advise them on any feedback provided by the customer relative to our service, product offerings or, changes in their business levels with US Xpress.
· Monitor trailer pools at customer facilities daily to ensure the customer has the specified number of trailers available for loading. Monitor usage of trailer pools to ensure that trailers are being turned and utilized to the trailer pool expectations.
· May enter pick up and delivery information specified by the customer into XPM Order Modification system or assign pickup and delivery window into XPM Order Modification system when customer does not specify appointment times.
· May travel to a customer or business site for business related meetings or entertainment purposes.
· Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
· Ability to work on an USX site or USX customer location site while performing the essential functions of this position.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
Key Knowledge and Experience
· High school diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred.
· 1 – 2 years work experience in the transportation industry or, customer service, direct with customer service solicitation, inside sales or sales preferred.
· Successful completion of the U.S. Xpress, Inc., Customer Service Training program.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
· Knowledge of Excel and the Internet required
Experience working in a deadline driven environment preferred.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Department.
©2016 Findly, All Rights Reserved |
Powered by Findly