Medical Practice Administrator
06 / 28 / 2013
Physician Strategy Group
Job Contact Fax #:
Will we pay to relocate?
CORE Orthopaedic Medical Center has been an emergent part of the North San Diego Community since 1978. Dedicated to providing the highest quality of patient care, we have recruited the highest caliber of Board Certified and Fellowship trained Physicians, providers, and staff to meet the orthopaedic needs of the community. The superior technical advances at CORE Orthopaedic allow the practice to better service their patients with state-of-the-art technology and a wide array of diagnostic services and treatment options.
CORE Orthopaedics is seeking an experienced medical practice executive to assume responsibility for the operational and clinical management and business administration of this progressive and active organization. The Practice Administrator has primary obligation to the physician board as a whole and reports directly to the Board President. Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors. This position is open due to retirement.
1. Provides leadership and support for: clinical excellence, personnel management, physician recruitment and contracting, fiscal accountability, managed care contracting, operational effectiveness and positive relations with physicians, staff and patients.
2. Collaborates with the Board of Directors to provide effective and successful plans regarding operations, fiscal accountability, systems/quality improvement, human resources, marketing/business development and strategic direction.
3. Promotes change and processes to maintain compliance with all regulatory agencies and quality standards to facilitate efficient and cost effective medical group operations.
4. Provides leadership and direction to ensure the overall performance of the medical group. Develops budgets and metrics to ensure financial performance objectives are met.
5. Maintains personal integrity in all aspects of communication and relationships throughout the organization. Is proactive and adept in communicating with peers and staff. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
6. Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care.
7. Delegate’s authority and responsibility to management team members while remaining accountable for the entire organization.
8. Develops individual abilities by coaching, mentoring and advising; challenges others to improve, addresses performance problems.
9. Coordination with accountants, attorneys, bankers, financial advisors, brokers, contractors, architects and representatives of hospitals.
10. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development, keeping current in the latest health care trends and developments.
11. May have additional responsibilities as assigned.
1. Masters degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field preferred. Bachelors degree in Business or Healthcare Administration required.
2. A minimum of five years progressively responsible physician group management experience is required. Orthopedic experience is preferred.
3. Solid knowledge of operations, revenue cycle, P&L, cost control, productivity enhancement, information systems and patient flow is essential. Must know the details of running a successful medical group practice.
4. The individual must have outstanding relations with physicians. A style that emphasizes openness, respect, and communication will meet with the greatest success. The candidate must have a successful track record of building physician support.
5. Personal characteristics associated with an executive including self-confidence, political savvy, intelligence, maturity, commitment, creativity, enthusiasm, sensitivity, patience, flexibility, integrity and tolerance for ambiguity.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Department.
©2015 Findly, All Rights Reserved
Powered by Findly