| MAJOR JOB DUTIES: |
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Acts as a representative of the department and property, interacting with guests and CoStars in a courteous, professional manner.
• Trains, supervises, and evaluates Security Agents and Security Supervisors on assigned shift.
• Oversees patrols of the property on assigned shift, identifying potential security and/or safety hazards, and reporting same to the Security Operations Manager, to ensure the safety and protection of guests, CoStars and the entire facility.
• Regularly provides backup to Security Agents and Supervisors on assigned shift.
• Communicate successfully at all times with Security CoStars, the senior executive staff, as well as with guests and CoStars at all levels, Fire and Health Inspectors, law enforcement personnel, medical personnel and other outside vendors.
• Facilitates the daily shift operations of the Security Department.
• Makes suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, for improvements to policies, procedures, or the facility.
• Provides exceptional guest service that differentiates us from the competition.
• Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings and holding meetings as necessary.
• Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Ability to work all shifts and weekends.
• Responsible for complying with Title 31 and AML/SARC compliance policies and procedures.
• Skill in developing, leading and maintaining guest and CoStar relations.
• Ability to develop Security Agents and Supervisors.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management and CoStars.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to understand questions and instructions from management and senior management.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents. • Ability to stay organized and focused on Company and Department goals.
• Ability to review, correct and write effective reports and memos.
• Ability to communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
• Ability to respond to inquiries from Security Agents, other CoStars, senior leadership or guests.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
• Ability to react rationally to high stress situations while maintaining a calm demeanor.
• Full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules, policies and procedures as well as a variety of local and federal laws.
• Knowledgeable in all Security Supervisor, Security Agent, Bike Agent, Lost & Found, Dispatch and Report Writing Functions.
• Ability to effectively use a Radio, Handcuffs and other Security Equipment as assigned and necessary.
• Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English.
• Intermediate to advance computer skills in a variety of programs.
• T31/SARC knowledge EXPERIENCE: Five years experience in military, law enforcement, and/or direct security/surveillance experience in a hotel/casino environment and management experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or four to five years related experience, or an equivalent combination of college and experience.
Current Nevada Driver’s License, Nevada Gaming Registration, Alcohol Awareness, Other Certificates/Licenses as required. Ability to obtain certifications in First Aid, CPR (American Heart Association), AED, Oxygen Administration, Defensive Techniques/Tactics