MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Assists the banquet chef and assistant banquet chef in overseeing the preparation, production and execution of all banquet event orders distributed within the department.
• Creates daily production lists and effectively delegates tasks to hourly costars following up on completion while maintaining quality and efficiency standards set forth by the banquet chef.
• Responsible for creating and standardizing recipes for all menu items to ensure consistent practices are maintained during production.
• Ensures all banquet stations are set up according to standards and maintained throughout the shift with 100% accuracy.
• Holds all line level costars accountable for following guidelines, policies and procedures and issues counseling as necessary.
• Effectively reacts to last minute requests and communicates with fellow managers both front and back ensuring 100% guest satisfaction is achieved.
• Routinely checks and inspects all kitchen equipment, refrigeration and related equipment to ensure that all are in working order and communicates as necessary to ensure that anything out of order is reported to facilities and fixed in a timely manner.
• Assists in menu development and is an active participant of the management team.
• Effectively writes and costs out individual recipes as needed with 100% accuracy.
• Continuously controls product waste and maintains proper par levels of all kitchen items.
• Assists in overall labor control and reacts to business volumes as necessary to control overall labor costs.
• Continuously trains and instructs costars on proper food preparation and sanitation to ensure quality standards are met with 100% accuracy.
• Demonstrates new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment to kitchen CoStars.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment at all times in full accordance with health regulations.
• Maintains the ability to recite health codes and regulations with 100% accuracy if asked by a supervisor or health inspector.
• Supervises all hourly CoStars to ensure that all health codes and regulations are being followed to 100% accuracy and provides coaching and counseling as necessary.
• Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, recipes, menus and other related documents.
• Ability to respond to inquiries from fellow CoStars and/or guests in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group and high stress situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
• Full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules, policies and procedures.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
• Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced kitchen setting.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of various cooking techniques and proper knife skills.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure while leading a team.
• Commitment to quality, customer service and the food and beverage industry.
• Obtains basic computer skills such as but not limited to Word, Excel, Email.
• Able to take and give direction.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
At least 3 to 5 years cooking experience in a professional kitchen.
Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role in a professional banquet kitchen.
High School diploma or equivalent. Culinary degree or formal apprenticeship preferred.