MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Cashes personal checks and travelers checks for currency.
• Assist customers with various cash transactions.
• Verify cash revenue from various departments.
• Verify all Cage Cashier turn-ins and distributes cash as necessary to all departments.
• Responsible for their bankroll and accountability.
• Assist in completing guest credit applications.
• Process front money deposits/withdrawals
• Process incoming wire transfer for our guest
• Assists training new employees on all cage procedures.
• Prepares table fills/credits, pays all types of paid-outs.
• Exercise discretion, judgment and remain confidential with sensitive materials or projects,
• Must possess excellent positive/upbeat communication skill, know how to multitask and prioritize, pay attention o detail, promote company goals to colleagues, guest or business contacts.
• Must be team oriented and possess good interpersonal skills, focusing attention on internal/external guest needs dealing effectively during all business interactions while maintaining good working relationships.
• Redeems foreign currency, computing accurate exchange rates for various currency received.
• Processes marker buy-back transactions, providing quality service to each guest.
• Facilitates the flowing of information throughout the property, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Has knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and applicable regulations, as well as internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Brings Co-Star concerns and/or problems and unusual guest activities to the attention of the cage shift manager.
• Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from CoStars members at all levels, guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
• Ability to work in a busy and somewhat stressful environment under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Requires knowledge of all office equipment to include typewriters, fax machine, 10-key, Jetsort, Currency counters, copier, and telephone.
• Title 31 knowledge
Minimum one (1) year Cage experience or banking experience
High school diploma or equivalent with computer experience.
Gaming LVMPD work card