Arizona Charlies - Boulder
Front Desk Supervisor
Type of Shift:
Hotel Ops (excluding Housekeeping & EVS)
Summary: Supervises the day to day operations of the front office during the assigned shift to ensure prompt and accurate service for guests and that all processes and procedures as being performed appropriately. Performs the daily duties of a front desk agent in addition to supervisory duties.
• Responsible for supervising, training, motivating, evaluating, scheduling and disciplining of front office staff. Assists Director of Hotel Operations with interviewing and hiring process.
• Ensures established standards of front office service are achieved and guest satisfaction is maintained.
• Ensures staff has the proper tools in place to successfully perform their job duties.
• Works with the Director of Hotel Operations in planning for hotel/casino promotions, special events and sales groups to ensure maximum utilization of room and block rates.
• Maintains necessary records and files; recommends changes in room rates as required.
• Investigates and resolves guest complaints and comments; follows up with the Director of Hotel Operations to resolve the matter to the guest’s satisfaction.
• Maintains established credit policies; take appropriate action in obtaining payments when guest ledger accounts exceed normal limits, and assists in any collection problems on overdue accounts.
• Follows all department, property, and company policies and procedures and provides the type of guest service and handling of job responsibilities as expected of the staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience working in a front desk environment within the hospitality industry required.
• Previous experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity providing positive and effective leadership to others required.
• Previous supervisory experience in the front office of a hospitality and/or gaming company preferred.
• Previous experience with LMS preferred.
• Experience prioritizing and working with little direction or supervision.
• Experience with effective organization and time management involving multiple priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding guest service skills
• Present a professional appearance
• Ability to effectively communicate in small and large group situations, as well as one-on-one
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Ability to effectively present information to management.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply commonsense reasoning to a variety of situations.
• High school graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred
Required Work Cards
• Sit at a desk or table (approx. 50% of the time)
• Walk, stand or stoop (approx. 50% of the time)
• Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail
• Vision, speech, hearing, and literacy (critical)
• Work inside in a noisy, smoky, and hot or cold environment.
• Communicate via radio.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Department at (702) 380-7743.
©2014 Findly, All Rights Reserved
Powered by Findly