Arizona Charlies - Decatur
Gift Shop Clerk
Type of Shift:
Hotel Ops (excluding Housekeeping & EVS)
Summary: Assists guests, selling merchandise, and cash handling in the gift shop. Monitors and maintains stock levels within the department. Provides outstanding guest service.
• Sells gift shop merchandise, including pre-packaged food and beverage (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), cashiering accurately and efficiently
• Ensures merchandise stock levels are appropriately maintained and informs supervisor of any stock level irregularities
• Provides outstanding guest service to all gift shop guests
• Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the gift shop
• Obtains assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies
• Documents all guest requests, complaints or problems
• Maintains confidentiality of guest information and pertinent property data
• Remain knowledgeable at all times of all property features, services, and hours of operation
• Assists guests with any questions, concerns, or complaints
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Minimum 1 year experience performing same or similar job functions
• Previous experience using suggestive up-selling techniques in a retail environment preferred
• Outstanding guest service skills
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations quickly and accurately (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers)
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal
• Able to successfully use computers and calculators
Required Work Cards
• Alcohol Awareness
• Ability to move throughout the store in a timely manner (over 75% of the time)
• Able to stand in one place for long periods of time.
• Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
• Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
• Ascend or descend ladders, stepstools, and the like
• Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity
• Vision, hearing, speech and literacy (critical)
• Ability to work in environments that are noisy, smoky, hot, cold, or humid.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Department at (702) 380-7743.
©2015 Findly, All Rights Reserved
Powered by Findly