Type of Shift:
Food & Beverage
Summary: The pizza cook prepares food while maintaining quality and food par guidelines during shift. Ensures all safety and sanitation guidelines are followed.
• Prepares food according to regular and special menus.
• Ensures food is fresh and prepared to the highest quality.
• Maintains knowledge of all pizza, pasta and Italian specialties recipes to ensure food preparation is correct and of high quality.
• Communicates regularly with on-coming shift staff, chef and supervisor on duty to address issues and concerns.
• Ensures that all food preparation is within health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Cleans pots, ware and other kitchen equipment ensuring all sanitizing procedures are followed.
• Ensures the kitchen area is clean at all times.
• Assists the kitchen manager as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school degree or equivalent preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• One year previous experience working in a high volume pizza parlor or Italian restaurant is strongly preferred; six months related food experience is required.
• Must be able to communicate in written and oral form and take instruction.
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment and sanitation guidelines required.
• Must be able to furnish all documents required to work in the U.S.
• Regularly required to stand, walk or stoop.
• Regularly required to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
• Walk, stand or crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
• Needs to distinguish between shades of color.
• Regularly required to work in varying degrees of temperature.
• The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. Moderately exposed to cigarette smoke. The pace of the environment is usually fast.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Department at (702) 380-7743.
©2016 Findly, All Rights Reserved
Powered by Findly