Note: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
This position will handle administrative and clerical duties for the department and assigned supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· May serve as point of first contact for the Department. Welcome students, faculty, staff and visitors, answer general inquiries as well as answer and direct telephone calls.
· Arrange travel for faculty/staff and students:
o Coordinate travel reservations (airplane, hotel) with the College travel agent;
o Process registrations, expense reports, van/car rentals, student travel forms.
· Handle purchases, check requests for all faculty in the department:
o Prepare purchase requisitions and check requests;
o Keep running budget worksheet up to date;
o Maintain inventory of supplies, including printer cartridges, paper, and other items for the departmental office, faculty offices, and laboratories;
o Order instructional and office supplies, and equipment according to request;
o Work with Banner system to maintain departmental and grant budgets;
o Follow-up on financial documents:
§ Obtain necessary signatures;
§ Check on delivery of items;
§ Process invoices;
§ Track progress in Banner system.
o Provide regular feedback to requester on status of outstanding orders, check requests, travel reimbursements, etc.
o Maintain copies of all financial documents.
· Follow-up and maintain files of purchase and other documents including computer based files; also provide copies to the department chair/director for record keeping purposes;
· May assist in the preparation, submission, and follow-up of proposals and budgets (word processing, signatures, walk-through);
· Carry out clerical duties such as copying, typing various forms of correspondence (i.e. letters, reports, proposals, forms, envelopes), and mailings;
· Make arrangements for visitors to the department (for example, reserve local hotel rooms, honoraria, parking arrangements);
· Prepare information for faculty members in the department and/or supervisor as requested;
· Prepare periodic newsletters and/or flyers for distribution in the department;
· Provide administrative assistance and support to all faculty in the department;
· Reserve facilities, order and coordinate meals and/or refreshments for department events in a timely manner;
· Monitor the status of the facilities (classrooms, laboratories, office area) and make arrangements for needed repairs (e.g., notify Facilities Management if something is not functioning properly);
· Schedule appointments, plan and make arrangements for luncheons and meetings;
· Serve as receptionist for the Department and/or supervisor(s);
· Coordinate mail and express shipping receipt and delivery, including collecting and distributing faculty mail on a daily and timely basis;
· Process faxed, e-mail, or web-based applications and materials;
· May provide general instructions to general college students.