The Business Analyst specializes in understanding the needs of the business owners and translating them into technical specifications. This position will act as an interface to the business owners and technology departments, as well as implementing and supporting the Enterprise Applications within several core functional areas of the business: resort systems (gaming and hospitality), and administrative systems (human resources and finance).
The position involves analysis and presentation of information to business owners, including marketing, finance, slot operations, and human resources. It requires proficiency with developing requirements documents, knowledge of the business and strong communication skills. The position will also be responsible for the QA of any new or changes to the applications before they are released and deployed into the Production environment.
These initiatives will be done in accordance with department policies, procedures, and standards to support information systems development and maintenance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures
• Gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs, a thorough understanding of business systems, industry best practices, as well as internal controls
• Assumes responsibility for actively building and retaining customer relations; analyzes business requirements and defines information systems solutions to address complex business needs (requiring innovative and creative solutions and frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools)
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with technical team and business owners to analyze information needs and functional requirements to deliver an effective solution
• Document enterprise wide requirements and translate them into technical specifications
• Develop user documentation and conduct training as required
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Work with business owners and subject matter experts to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering operational impact, system usability and desired results
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational requirements
• Partake in small or complex applications rollout to single or multi-properties
• Partake in the QA and release management of new and changes to applications through thorough testing, debugging and user acceptance before planning and executing deployment into Production
• Develop documentation for users to install, operate and support.
• Provide end user training
• Provide post implementation support and troubleshooting
• Analyze problems and escalate issues in a timely manner for quick resolution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
• Works on multiple high priority projects concurrently
• Employs productivity aids in all aspects of assignments
• Maintains and enhances technical skills through formal and on-the-job training
• Responds to and assists with other problem tickets as required
• Performs other duties as assigned