Under the supervision of the Poker Floorperson, the incumbent interacts directly with guests providing information and seating for the Poker Room games. Also provides buy-ins to players as needed and performs credits and fills with Dealers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
• Meet and greet guests.
• Answer telephone in Poker area and questions from potential players.
• Maintain waiting lists for all Poker games using the Bravo system.
• Open and maintain games.
• Page players when seats are available and escort players to tables as needed.
• Provide buy-ins to players as needed.
• Perform credits and fills with Dealers.
• Transport cash and chips to and from Poker Cage as needed.
• Wash and reset decks as assigned.
• Maintain constant contact with Floorperson to ensure proper servicing of guests.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate managers of concerns and observations.
• Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
• Ensure prompt and discreet notification to managers and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
• Promote positive guest and team member relations at all times.
• Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Prior poker experience and/or poker certificate preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate well with the public.
Must have a working knowledge of Poker or the ability to learn Poker.
Possess strong guest service and interpersonal skills.
Must acquire working knowledge of all Casino activities in order to best answer guest inquiries.
Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional demeanor.
Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and push up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member is required to stand and walk for an entire shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.