IT Audio – Visual Specialist - Part Time
| Information Management (MIS)|
The IT Audio-Visual (AV) Specialist works with the IT System-Op and IT Application Manager(s) in continuous implementation, development and maintenance of all audio – visual (AV) systems as well as computer hardware, software and peripherals located in the Santa Ana Star Casino.
• Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintain audio-visual software, hardware and equipment. Responsibilities will be related to but not limited to activities involving property wide television, audio, marketing kiosks, signage, video walls, along with management of content in these areas.
• Provides reports, completes requests for new service.
• Determines methodology for installing of AV services and equipment.
• Provides technical support to end users and responds to helpdesk tickets regarding AV needs in a timely manner.
• Holds training courses for end users, training them on how to use the AV hardware, software and equipment.
• Plans, coordinates and implements with IT Manager(s) end user computer hardware upgrades, software upgrades and installs.
• Makes sure all end user AV and computer equipment is clean and dust free.
• Maintains cable management at the user’s station and IT IDF rooms.
• Installs and sets up software needed by user.
• Keeps all computer systems and hardware inventoried and labeled.
• Follows all procedures during computer builds and set ups.
• Updates and creates procedures, as needed.
• Assists the System Op and Application Managers with cable pulls, software application, troubleshooting, etc… when asked by Management or System Administrator.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
| Minimum Requirements:
• Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
• May require an associate's degree or its equivalent and two to five years of experience in the field or in a related area
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks.
• Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Experience with the following are a must :
- AV hardware, software and equipment
- Understands the concept of AV operations, installation and troubleshooting and computer components.
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Office Products
- Computer Troubleshooting, installation, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
• Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
• Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
• Must be a Team Player.
• Display strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to handle conflict situations
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle, grasp, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work various hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
• The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work at a fast pace.
• Must be able to handle stress effectively.
• Must be able to maneuver around the office and the facility as needed to collect and distribute all necessary documents.
• Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
• AV hardware and equipment.
• Computers, printers, servers.
• All traditional office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment
Hazards include working around moving equipment. Equipment must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities.