| Food and Beverage|
Cooks on line and delegates food orders to be prepared in an order to facilitate customer service. Responsible for the quality of food and safety of the staff. Ensures that all work is done quickly and is coordinated with other workers. Assists Sous Chefs with duties and back-up. Responsible for food preparation in accordance with federal health and safety guidelines and the casino’s quality and safety standards.
• Responsible for timely food production that is consistent with casino quality standards
• Ensures each order is uniform and consistent
• Controls food production to include: proper cooking methods, cooking time and temperature, ensuring sanitation, proper handling and storage of prepared food and leftovers
• Controls waste.
• Anticipates and prepares for peak service times.
• Notifies kitchen supervisor of any deficiencies in staff, product or other production concerns.
• Monitors work area for cleanliness and organization.
• Keeps stock on hand and organizes orders.
• Resolves crisis situations.
| Minimum Requirements:
• Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal members.
• High school diploma GED.
• Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
• Working knowledge of food preparation techniques.
• Four years of line cooking experience.
• Able to sauté, cook, broil, grill and steam.
• Experience in fish filleting, cutting, and making a variety of sauces.
• Bi-lingual and multi-cultural experience helpful.
• Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
• Professional appearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission non gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work well in fast paced customer oriented environment.
• Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
• Traditional restaurant and kitchen equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment/machinery. Equipment and machinery must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.