1. Assists in the development and preparation of menus, food set-up, service and cooking.
2. Follows prescribed menu in setting up hot and cold food lines, chooses proper utensils and ensures appropriate temperatures for menu items.
3. Serves a range of hot and cold food items from counters and steam tables; adds relishes and garnishes according to instructions, ensures that appropriate portions are served.
4. Ensures that thermometers are on hand and food temperature requirements are maintained.
5. Performs activities to provide cleanliness of the entire kitchen, including walk in refrigerator, freezer and dry storage.
6. Maintain the highest standards of personal sanitation.
7. Open and / or close as necessary or assigned.
8. Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies, detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive foods, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
9. Assist in training personnel.
10. Know proper safe handling temperatures.
11. Uses safety and latex gloves when appropriate.
12. Knows proper food rotation procedures.
13. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.