• Develop curriculum and facilitate training classes on topics such as new hire orientation, guest service, communication, team building and leadership.
• Enthusiastically deliver high quality and engaging presentations that positively impact the Team Members and the overall operation.
• Collaborate with HR Operational Partners and departmental management to ensure support for the operations.
• Responsible for coaching and mentoring Associate Instructors with skill development and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Actively promote and market the Learning & Development Academy.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Develop, prepare and organize high quality, complex, professional class materials and deliver interactive, meaningful presentations.
• Facilitate engaging training classes based on the strategic goals of the company that result in positive business outcomes.
• Actively promote and market the Academy courses through interaction with Team Members and management.
• Promote continuous improvement through the evaluation of curriculum and facilitation skills.
• Conduct and provide detailed assessments to identify organizational and Team Member training and development needs, such as utilizing focus groups, round tables, and leadership meetings
• Support the Learning & Development Academy and HR/Talent Management through active involvement in the various periodical projects.
• Attend regular meetings including pre-shifts, departmental meetings, HR/TM meetings, all-hands meetings, and project meetings.
• Support and maintain a strong and effective partnership with Operational Partners and departmental management to ensure operational business needs are met.
• Maintain accurate records in Infinium and generate training reports.
• Assist in the coaching and development of Associate Instructors.
• Maintain progress of objectives and goals to include weekly progress reports, quarterly updates, and leadership reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The L&D Senior Instructor has supervisory responsibilities, including supervising Associate Instructors and Team Member relations issues, in the absence of the Manager of Learning & Development.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) plus five years teaching and/or training experience is required and two years supervisory experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Teaching/Hospitality/Gaming certifications preferred.
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook
• Speech clarity/public speaking skills
• Establish and control effective learning environment
• Time management and organization
• Able to prioritize, follow up, and follow through on commitments
• Relevant teaching/learning and development experience of five years.
• Effective adult teaching and facilitation skills.
• Able and willing to work with minimal supervision.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent role model, highly motivated and able to adapt to change.
• Promote team building and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Support and drive the mission and goals of the Learning & Development Academy through demonstrated behavior and positive attitude.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in accordance to approved dress code standards, ethical standards, and the Academy’s Code of Conduct.
• Able to perform under stressful situations and be flexible in work schedules to accommodate business needs.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Discover opportunity, security and success with Pechanga Resort & Casino!
© 2013 Pechanga
Resort & Casino