The Guest Services Supervisor will assists in managing and supervising the daily operations of the Guest Service Department promoting a distinctive high quality of guest service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and revenues. Monitor and supervise the daily work performance of the department. The supervisor will assist in setting the level for casino marketing room availability, casino room blocks to maximize room occupancy and increase revenue for the property. The supervisor will be proactive in anticipating and preventing challenges and will be able to define these challenges by investigating and gathering relevant information and make workable solution.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Perform administrative duties in support of Guest Service Management Team and Guest Services Representatives and will fill in the event of absences or in the event of heavy workloads to ensure efficient guest service.
• Will demonstrate sensitivity to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others and approaches others in a pleasant manner, treating them with respect.
• Ensure accountability self and team member’s compliances to all standard operating procedures, company policy, and MICS regulations, by adhering to the progressive disciplinary actions.
• The supervisor will provide input to both short and long term goals and assist in implementing and monitor strategies to achieve them.
• As a leader and role model for other employees, remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity.
• Listen, respond and resolve external and internal customer inquires concerns and complaints in a timely manner through conducting a thorough investigation and determining the most effective solution in a positive and articulate manner. .
• Make decisions and take action based using good judgment and flexibility to accommodate the unusual situations when required.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff, organizing and expressing information clearly and using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying information.
• Observe staff performance and provide feedback as needed to maximum the team member’s potential through training, counseling, performance evaluation and disciplinary actions.
• Create a work environment that fosters the professional development and growth of employees.
• Monitor the staff’s workload, supplies, breaks, and lunches and make staffing recommendations accordingly to ensure a smooth transition during shift changes. Attend a variety of meetings and conduct staff meetings and pre-shifts to ensure timely and effective communication.
• Oversee and ensure that all billable services, financial statements, adjustments, revenue, cash and cash equivalents are properly recorded and reported and accurately reflected in Opera and any other reporting methods. Thus, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the provisions of Hotel Operation internal controls, Outside Agency Regulations and good business practices.
• Compile, organize, and follow department work schedule, assigned checklists, and workload to ensure proper balance of work in a timely manner.
• Review and communicate daily VIP Arrivals, Special Event, In House Rate Check and all other reports for accuracy of hotel reservations.
• Work within the allotted budget for the Guest Service Department.
• Establish and adhere to yield management procedures with the Hotel availability and Casino room blocks. Produce daily reporting for rooms yielding practices and making best business practice decisions.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with other departments to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment and efficient service delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino, by overseeing and adhering to all Standard Operating Procedures and MICS regulations.
• Perform additional tasks as directed by management.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This Guest Service Supervisor has supervisory responsibilities including departmental corrective action and team member relation issues.