Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Administer benefit related programs including health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; leave of absence process; short term disability; workers compensation; retirement plans; wellness; and other programs as assigned.
- *Research and assist in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of benefit program revisions.
- * Act as a benefits subject matter expert and provide benefit related assistance to team members including answering questions, resolving issues, and providing education to help team members better understand benefits offered. Work directly with benefit providers/vendors to resolve concerns. Escalate complex issues to Human Resources (HR) management.
- *Provide counsel and guidance to management to ensure compliance with benefit policies in accordance with Family Medical Leave (FML) and other relevant policies, laws, and regulations.
- *Track, monitor and analyze reports, health claims, claim costs, and plan trends and recommend value added changes. Create and run related reports from Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and benefit management systems.
- *Assist in the management and processing of regulatory filings such as Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) and 5500s. Meet with outside auditors through annual audit periods. Provide requested information and research discrepancies.
- *Coordinate and implement the annual enrollment process including plan setup with HRIS/website and plan vendors.
- *Monitor changes and update plan documents, summary plan descriptions, benefits enrollment packets and new hire orientation materials. Present benefit training at new hire orientation.
- *Coordinate the flow of information between Human Resources, Payroll, and third party vendors to ensure accurate database information and paycheck deductions.
- Maintain knowledge of related regulations and legislation that impact employee benefits and trends.
- 11. Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.