- A high school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of high volume, guest facing customer service experience are required.
- Prior security experience is preferred.
- Ability to hold and maintain a valid state issued non probationary driver’s license is preferred including,
- No more than three moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No more than two at-fault accidents in the past 3 years.
- No conviction for driving while impaired (DWI) or driving under influence (DUI) within the last three years.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing using whole numbers and United States currency.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic computer skills.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with customers and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, and move for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member will be required to lift or move objects up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.