Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by providing unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Ensure efficient operations, administration, and performance of Slot Operations on assigned shift.
- *Delegate and track assignments to ensure that all functions of the shift are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- *Update departmental procedure manuals and the proper documentation and storage of all relevant materials. Provide recommendations and suggestions, when appropriate, to improve policies, procedures, or the facility.
- *Resolve guest concerns and complaints, both written and verbal, in a timely fashion.
- *Ensure that a maximum level of guest service is achieved and adhered to throughout the department.
- *Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of all departmental records and reports. Verify and review all shift paperwork for accuracy and investigate any discrepancies found.
- *Promote an orderly and positive working environment throughout the Slot Department.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all PH&C’s activities and facilities including but not limited to special promotions and events in order to provide information to team members as well as guests.
- Maintain knowledge of gaming laws and regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.