Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Hotel Restaurant Assistant Shift Manager will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Function)
- *Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Assist in leading the daily operations of the venue on assigned shifts, including but not limited to conducting pre-shift meetings, delegating tasks effectively, and overseeing opening and closing duties, cleaning detail, and money handling.
- *Ensure timely, positive resolution of guest inquiries, issues, and concerns, taking proper corrective action as necessary. Refer or report serious or complex issues to management.
- *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- Assist in tracking supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of venue service standards for all positions, menu items, beverage selections, specials, promotions, events, and policies.
- Work at other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.