Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Internal Audit Director will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Manage and perform audits and special reviews of Casino and Hotel functions, processes, business units, contracts, and other activities to ensure reliability and integrity of information; proper recording of transactions; safeguarding of assets; compliance with policies and procedures; achievement of operational goals and objectives; and effective and efficient use of resources.
- *Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Oversee development of annual audit plans, risk assessments, and internal audit programs. Manage internal audit processes including but not limited to definition of scope, control evaluation, testing activities, reporting, issue resolution, and risk assessments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and tribal gaming regulations.
- *Conduct regular meetings with Forest County Potawatomi Gaming Commission Internal Audit Department representatives to address and resolve reported instances of non-compliance and other issues in a timely manner.
- *Identify performance improvement opportunities for the business. Provide ongoing reporting to company management and share best business practices on areas to improve efficiency in operations.
- *Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of company accounts, financial processes, systems, policies, and procedures and maintain technical proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), auditing standards, trends, and best business practices.
- *Provide training, guidance, and communication to gaming personnel regarding regulatory and internal audit requirements and the gaming facilities policies and procedures.
- *Create and execute programs which improve guest service, team building, team efficiency, and team member morale.
- *Plan department budgets and ensure their accountability.
- *Respond to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes, policies, and procedures and provide consultative services to management including exception reporting and analysis.
- Establish, update, and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.