Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Risk and Safety Specialist will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal, and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Investigate and study accident and illness trends for both team members and guests. Recommend and implement measures to reduce or eliminate accidents and health hazards. Track, measure, and analyze loss control.
- *Schedule internal safety audits and inspections to prevent injuries and maintain compliance with applicable regulatory standards. Conduct incident investigations and cause analysis and present recommendations to management.
- *Perform crisis emergency management and recovery efforts through situational assessments to facilitate the disaster recovery efforts and crisis emergency management programs. Assist in the development of action plans for crisis events and work with departments to correct identified safety risks.
- *Administer team member training on the proper use of lifts, forklifts, high lifts, fire extinguishers, and other health and safety related equipment and procedures. Implement and maintain training and tracking programs including, but not limited to, Lockout /Tag out, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Blood Borne Pathogens, Personal Protective Equipment, and Emergency Management.
- *Perform health and safety orientation and training for new hires. Assist in the development of training materials for specific employment categories.
- *Prepare operational risk and business impact analysis reports for management.
- *Maintain required environmental record keeping and reporting including but not limited to hazardous materials, Wisconsin Tier II, and hazardous disposal documentation.
- *Coordinate and implement the spill prevention control and countermeasure plan.
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, tribal, and local regulations.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.