Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Ensure that guest rooms and all areas of the facility are cleaned to standard and well stocked with amenities by overseeing the day-to- day responsibilities of team members, coordinating work assignments, and communicating and receiving feedback with hotel departments.
- *Inspect and evaluate physical conditions of all areas of the hotel and job assignments to ensure departmental standards are being met. Identify cleaning needs, potential safety hazards, problems, or repair needs, and notify appropriate individual for resolution. Submit recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, and relocation of equipment.
- *Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Ensure that work is performed with minimal disruption to business operations.
- *Address guest inquiries, special requests, or complaints promptly and take corrective action with the goal of producing a positive interaction and experience for all hotel guests.
- *Evaluate housekeeping operations and assist with the development and implementation of strategies and processes to track and make improvements in daily assignments and project work to ensure maximum safety,
- *Prepare paperwork and department reports and perform various clerical function.
- Track supply inventory such as linens, cleaners, and amenities needed to complete daily assignments and project work.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as needed.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.