Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Food Court Cook 2 will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Perform basic to intermediate food preparation and cooking duties, including but not limited to washing, peeling, cutting, and measuring ingredients for use; preparing salads and cold foods; and fry, stock, and batch cooking.
- *Assemble, garnish, and finalize presentation of completed dishes.
- *Use and clean kitchen surfaces, equipment, and utensils, including but not limited to ovens, grills, fryers, broilers, and knives safely.
- *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment, working closely with Stewards at all times.
- *Assist in storing and rotating all inventories.
- Learn to perform more advanced kitchen and cooking duties and assist other members of the culinary team.
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed.
- Work at other kitchens/venues as assigned, based on business needs and to gain knowledge.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.