Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Officer will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Plan, develop, implement, and monitor the organization’s Title 31 (Bank Secrecy Act) AML Compliance Program to ensure compliance with applicable Tribal, State, and Federal gaming regulations.
- *Monitor and review all Title 31 operational areas to identify, investigate, and address potential risks, non-compliance issues, and suspicious activity related to AML requirements.
- *Process and ensure accuracy of related forms and filings completed by casino and hotel staff, such as Currency Transaction Report (CTR), Multiple Transaction Log (MTL), and Monetary Instruments Log (MIL).
- *Ensure timely and accurate submission of required filings to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- *Assist all departments to complete required training and draft internal controls, policies, and procedures that comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Provide AML support and guidance to all departments as needed to promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
- *Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and assess any changes. Recommend and implement strategies to maintain regulatory compliance.
- *Perform Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence reviews.
- *Respond to and draft written responses to internal and external AML related audits and examinations.
- Develop and maintain Title 31 recording and tracking databases.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.