Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Senior Executive Host will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Responsible to interact and build relationships with guests, with a concentration in the higher worth players and develop qualified players to consolidate their play at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino with the goal of growing a critical source of revenue for the business.
- *Use discretion and independent judgement with respect to the issuance of complimentary services to our guests, including monetary and high-value rewards, in order to grow rated revenue.
- *Monitor player activity through use of the on-line systems and act to promote play with the appropriate action to include but not limited to in person contact, email, letter, text and phone call in a timely manner. Arrange accommodations and amenities (i.e. shows, hotel, restaurant, transportations and etc.).
- *Seek out targeted players and sign them up for Fire Keepers Club (FKC).
- *Assist with the execution of assigned parties, promotions, special events, and tournaments.
- *Provide valuable feedback to the management team on guest preferences and their expectations.
- *Maintain up to date knowledge of all gaming machines, table games, promotions, events, entertainment, and general property information.
- Work independently to resolve guests concerns and conflicts, in a fair and equitable manner.
- Respond to guests’ requests and inquiries to provide guest satisfaction.
- Facilitate full integration with all casino departments to provide ultimate guest services.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.