Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Maintenance Engineer will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Perform general maintenance, installation, and repair on hotel furniture, fixtures, and equipment by performing a variety of tasks related to carpentry, painting, lighting, plumbing, cosmetic items, and other facility operations.
- *Maintain, inspect, and repair hotel facilities to include but not limited to electrical, mechanical, Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), and plumbing systems to operate at optimum efficiency.
- *Monitor and make occasional adjustments to the building Automation System to ensure guest comfort.
- *Respond to and complete maintenance and repair requests in a timely, safe, and accurate manner while ensuring high levels of guest service and minimal interruption to business operations.
- *Maintain safe operation and care of all building maintenance tools and equipment. Ensure equipment is in proper working condition, replace worn parts, and maintain parts inventory stock.
- *Conduct preventive maintenance, as directed by the Chief Engineer, for hotel furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, safe, and organized condition.
- Ensure adherence to all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety requirements. Adhere to the company’s safety policies and standard levels, assuring that daily work and projects are completed in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
- Work weekend rotation schedule to provide adequate in-house and on-call coverage and respond to emergency situations during non-scheduled hours.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.