Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Carpenter contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal, and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Perform rough and finish carpentry, including construction, maintenance, and repair of walls, ceilings, doors, office furniture, restroom partitions, raised access floors, carpeting, and floor tiles.
- *Conduct routine inspections of property to identify damage or repairs needed, make recommendations for corrective measures, and perform repairs.
- *Respond to and complete maintenance and repair requests in a timely, safe, and accurate manner while ensuring high levels of guest service and minimal interruption to business operations.
- *Coordinate with contractors and other Facilities staff concerning contract installations and repairs at the direction of the Carpentry leadership.
- *Ensure maintenance tools are in proper working condition and operate equipment safely. Report any unsafe conditions to management.
- *Ensure adherence with all Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) requirements, as well as the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining inventory stock by arranging for the purchase of necessary supplies, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate with Supervisor and/or Management any repairs or maintenance that cannot be done during regular working hours and schedule work as necessary to complete.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.