Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Training and Development Specialist contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Design and develop customized curriculum for both technical and non-technical needs including but not limited to soft skills, leadership, customer service, and software.
- *Partner with all areas of the organization to develop training procedures, materials, manuals, tools, and documents that are consistent with sound instructional design, adult learning principles, and align with PH&C’s goals, mission, vision, and values.
- *Perform training needs evaluation, research and determine effective training delivery method, regularly evaluate the effectiveness of training, and revise training as needed to meet the organization’s goals.
- *Implement and present organization-wide training and a variety of ongoing and as-needed developmental curriculum in order to maintain and improve team member skills and organizational needs. Present information via a variety of instructional techniques and formats.
- *Facilitate new hire orientation sessions in a face-to-face classroom environment including but not limited to scheduling and leading tours and lunch breaks, assisting guest speakers, and leading program coordination.
- * Present information via a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures.
- *Assist and support management in areas such as change management, performance improvement, leadership development, succession planning, team building, workforce management, and talent management.
- *Develop alternative solutions and methods of delivery which may include traditional classroom facilitation, on-the-job, web-based, or multi-media based learning.
- *Maintain accurate training records; compile data and provide reports to management regarding training and developmental needs.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.