The Assistant Manager has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the General Manager's absence, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation, guest relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of teammates, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer and other duties as required or assigned.
This person will report directly to the Restaurant General Manager.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
· Maintaining fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensuring products are consistent with company quality standards
· Ensures OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
· Assists Profit & Loss management by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
· Assists Restaurant General Manager in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring team members
· In the absence of the General manager, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains the team
· Ensures maintenance of equipment and facility through the use of a preventative maintenance program
· Ensures food quality and 100% guest satisfaction
· Ensures complete and timely execution of marketing programs
· Ensures a safe working and guest experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
· Champions recognition efforts.