It is the responsibility of the Surveillance Operator to protect the integrity of all table games, sportsbooks, slots, hard and soft count rooms, cage, keno, cashiers, and other related areas while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Mission Statement.
1. Operates surveillance equipment and ensures accurate video documentation as it relates to irregular or deviant activities.
2. Monitors assigned areas to ensure complete coverage. Observes all guest and team member activities utilizing surveillance camera equipment to monitor for criminal activity and/or violations of state gaming regulations, local, state and federal gaming laws and company policies and procedures.
3. Reports to supervisor any irregular activity or situation which may be life-threatening, illegal or endnagers the welfare of guests or team members.
4. Remains current with all activities that threaten the security of all areas of responsibility.
5. Provides written factual reports daily of all violations and suspicious behavior observed and video taped.
6. Adheres to “Confidentiality Rules” at all times and ensures that rules are observed and enforced.
7. Adheres to Michigan Gaming Control Board regulations by reporting all equipment malfunctions. Performs video recorder checks (VCR) to ensure video is recording properly
8. Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
9. Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
10. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
11. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.