It is the responsibility of the Valet Attendant to warmly greet incoming guests. Record guest names, vehicle information and secure the guest keys for parking. Valet Attendants should also check and notify guests of pre-existing damage to their vehicles. Valet Attendants park guest vehicles in designated parking areas on the premises of the MGM Grand Detroit Casino. In addition, employee retrieves/returns guest vehicles when they departure from property, while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Detroit Grand Mission Statement.
1. Greets arriving guests, provides courteous, efficient, and enthusiastic service for guest requesting valet parking.
2. Accomodates guests requiring special assistance and aid, e.g., handicapped guests.
3. Inspects vehicles for overall condition and notes any dents, missing parts, or distinguishing features.
4. Parks and retrieves guest vehicles when requested.
5. Provides guest with vehicle claim check.
6. Reports issues and/or potential problems which may have an impact on the security of guest vehicles, and avoids traffic congestion and delays at entrances to the MGM Grand Detroit.
7. Answers guests questions about hotel registration, restaurants, events, activities, and attractions.
8. Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
9. Resolves guest problems/compliants within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies Supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items or alleged thefts.
10. Orients new employees to the department and casino.
11. Knows the legal ramifications of various actions that impact the valet service.
12. Assist guests with movement of belongings as necessary.
13. Responds to emergency situations when requested.
14. Performs other job-related duties as asssigned