THIS POSTING IS FOR COLLECTING APPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE EXPERIENCED PART-TIME DEALERS. WE WILL CONTACT YOU AT A FUTURE DATE TO INFORM YOU OF YOUR APPLICATION STATUS.
It is the responsibility of the Dealer Trainee to perform the act of dealing a single Game Type as defined by the MGM/DCC Contract while performing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Mission Statement.
1. Ensures that all activities will reflect the policies, philosophies, and regulations of MGM Grand Detroit and the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB).
2. Performs act of dealing a single Game Type as defined by the MGM/DCC Contract. Those Game Types are: Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, Craps and Specialty Games (Poker).
3. Protects, controls, and verifies the accuracy of fills, credits, openers/closers, and marker transactions. Accurately exchanges cash or markers for chips.
4. Pays winning bets, collects losing bets, and collects commission based on game dealt.
5. Communicates verbally with supervisors or Table Games Managers of unnatural or irregular play and disputes on the game.
6. Notifies supervisor immediately of all mistakes or claims and makes resolution only at the direction of the supervisor.
7. Verbalizes player instructions, card totals, results or any other information as required in the procedures of each game.
8. Possesses knowledge of MGCB regulations and company policies and procedures.
9. Maintains a helpful and courteous atmosphere on the game.
10. Assumes duties of dealing other licensed games as needed within the Game Type definition and within the Dealer I Classification guidelines.
11. Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
12. Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
13. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
14. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.