It is the responsibility of the VIP Specialist to ensure appropriate accommodations and arrangements with regard to VIP guest reservations and room assignments while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
1. Maintains the highest caliber of customer service to all VIPs by exhibiting a professional demeanor and willingness to provide assistance when needed.
2. Analyzes casino play to determine and establish comp profiles for guest reservations.
3. Processes all reservations and requests from guests, hosts, and executives. Processes reservation requests from other resort VIP departments for shows, restaurants, etc.
4. Enforces the privacy of VIPs and limits requests for information about such guests in accordance with casino policies. Ensures confidentiality of all casino information.
5. Assists Casino Hosts and executives with reservations, requests for information, etc.
6. Coordinates delivery of special amenities and floral orders daily.
7. Maintains customer relationships by issuing comp slips to various outlets throughout the property for nonresident casino players, executive requests etc.
8. Ensures charges, credits, and complimentaries are posted to individual guest folios. Posts rate changes as needed.
9. Receives in-bound calls in response to various mailings and invitations. Books Slot
Tournament reservations, Direct Marketing Packages, etc. Assists Database Marketing with Players Club account updates.
10. Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
11. Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
12. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
13. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.