Database Administrator, Senior
|12 / 18 / 2012||
| SPIELO International designs, manufactures and distributes top-performing cabinets, games, central systems and associated software to legal gaming markets around the world. We offer a complete range of end-to-end gaming products for diverse gaming segments, including distributed government-sponsored markets, commercial casino markets, and Amusement With Prize (AWP) markets. For more information, please visit our website at www.spielo.com.|
| OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE|
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and maintaining DB2 databases, including security, access and documentation. Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures as they relate to databases.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrates a relentless commitment to meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations while also achieving the goal of reducing the risks and costs of providing services.
· Works to build an effective partnership with the internal customer on a daily basis. Listens to customers and asks the appropriate questions to determine their requirements.
· Collaborates with other parts of the organization as required to first share and analyze customer requirements and then develop and implement the best strategy and processes to meet those requirements.
· Ensures that customers’ concerns or service level incidents are addressed promptly and efficiently, personally troubleshooting and implementing solutions or escalating to the appropriate member of management or third tier resources.
· Assists Manager in the process of analyzing and evaluating the department’s performance and processes to determine if it is meeting and exceeding customers’ needs while meeting financial goals. Identifies proactive solutions for continuous improvement.
· Performs advanced level troubleshooting of host systems and middleware databases.
· Performs advanced troubleshooting of network devices related to database connectivity.
· Develops database best practices related to performance, capacity and archiving.
· Monitors and/or troubleshoots automated database functions by utilizing tools for verification of services, monitoring tool set availability and detecting, reporting, escalating, tracking and documenting anomalies.
· Maintains database documentation (database libraries, best practices and performance and capacity metrics).
· Defines, develops and implements a maintenance strategy and maintenance scripts relating to backup and recoveries of databases.
· Analyzes database performance statistics and performs required tuning activities to optimize database performance.
· Adheres to service level agreements by following established SLA performance requirements
· Adheres to Incident Management process and performs assigned incident identification, notification, documentation, and intermediate level diagnosis and remediation activities.
· Adheres to Change Management process and performs assigned change activities including monitoring and tracking change activities. Participates, documents and oversees network maintenance activities to ensure activities are completed with SLA requirements.
· Adheres to Release Management process and performs assigned database release actions. Assists engineers in planning efforts associated with projects and releases.
· Adheres to Audit Management process and procedures and performs assigned actions to capture audit evidence criteria.
· Completes special operations projects with some assistance from Manager or Director.
· Participates in individual professional development by completing assigned development plan, participating in mentoring activities, tracking and reporting of development, and communicating career path goals and objectives.
· Trains, mentors and coaches all assigned database administrators
This description is a summary of principal duties and responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties which may be assigned.
· Bachelor's degree with a technical major or equivalent experience.
· Database certifications are required, preferably DB2
· 4 to 6 years of related experience with degree
· Demonstrates strong performance leadership skills including the ability to coach/mentor, deliver training, inspire and motive others, objectively assess the performance of others and provide balanced feedback
Minimum technical knowledge and skills – Required
· Advanced ability to navigate through Unix/Linux/AIX and execute commands
· Advanced knowledge of Windows, LINUX, AIX and configurations and functions
· Advanced ability to use OS utilities
· Advanced knowledge of DB2, and SQL databases
· Advanced ability to update, modify, reconfigure, backup and restore databases
· Advanced ability to create, modify, test, implement and maintain database scripts (DCL, LSE, Perl, SQL, SQR, VI, etc.)
· Advanced ability to use of database analysis tools (Dbartisan, Enterprise Manager, etc……)
· Knowledge of change and incident management tools
· Advanced ability to detect, analyze, troubleshoot and escalate database incidents
· Advanced ability to forecast, recommend, and implement capacity planning
· Advanced knowledge of industry and local audit requirements
· Advanced knowledge of IP protocol and LAN topology
Essential special training requirements
· Basic level – gateway access servers
· Basic level - external contractual customer requirements
· Basic level - operational entry/exit criteria
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPIELO International is an equal opportunity employer.