Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Under the supervision and guidance of a licensed nurse RN, the CNA is responsible for assisting with direct patient care within the scope of their practice as well as other work on the unit which supports the patient environment. The CNA assists staff to ensure optimal patient care and assists the healthcare team to provide and maintain a clean, safe, and attractive environment for patients. Work will include components of direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation, transportation of patients and supplies, and general maintenance of the patient environment. The CNA is responsible for maintaining his/her own clinical and mandatory education requirements and for meeting the established standards of their profession as well as those accountable for his/her practice, assigned duties/patient care, and is an advocate for patients/families and their profession. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific patient populations and cultural diversity during the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care. Promotes an environment of care. Supports the organizational vision and mission
• High School graduate or G.E.D. certificate required.
• Graduated from an accredited Certified Nurse Assistant program
• Current BLS/CPR certification required.
• Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
• Prefer hospital experience
• One (1) year continuous experience preferred.
• Able to adjust and/or troubleshoot monitoring equipment, and computer equipment.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner.
• Exhibits tact, enthusiasm, and patience.
• Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
• Must have proficient organizational skills and computer skills
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• High degree of competency/experience in general.
• Requires good communication and organizational skills.