Department: 7620-ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Location: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Job Summary: Oversees and directs the day-to-day operation of the Environmental Services Department ensuring a clean, orderly and safe environment. The Supervisor participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
Assists in development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures and standards of work.
• Provides leadership and guidance to departmental personnel.
• Assists in developing the department's annual budget.
• Maintains a current inventory of supplies and equipment.
• Maintains proficiency in all techniques and equipment used by the Environmental Services Department.
• Ensures that quality standards are met, by inspecting completed work.
• Supervising floor and cleaning projects in the facility from start to finish.
• Makes recommendations for changes in supplies, equipment or procedures to improve safety and patient care or to reduce costs.
• Maintains good working relationships with other departments.
• Helps Investigate, document and report all unusual occurrences to the Environmental Services Director and Assistant Director.
• Ensures that patient care units are adequately stocked with linen.
• Monitors linen usage and reviews statistics with the Environmental Services Director and Assistant Director.
• Ensures all equipment is tested regularly.
• Schedules personnel for proper coverage of the facility.
• Conducts orientation and ongoing training for departmental personnel.
• Provides regularly scheduled in-services to departmental personnel.
• Maintains records of orientation and in-service training programs.
• Assists the Environmental Services Director and Assistant Director in completing performance evaluations.
• Participates in information management, performance improvement and infection control programs.
• Represents and participates in committees and task forces as assigned by the Environmental Services Director.
• Assists the Environmental Services Director and Assistant Director in meeting compliance with JCAHO, federal, state and local regulations.
• Supports and carries out the facility policies.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Maintains and ensures age-specific precautions.
(See age-related competency form)
• A minimum of (2-5) years experience in healthcare environmental service.
• High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, read jod duties listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.