Discover opportunity, success, stability and a
family-oriented culture at Santa Barbara County’s largest private employer.
Chumash Enterprise strives to be the employer of choice in Santa Barbara County by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to Team Members. Below is a list of just a few benefits Chumash offers Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match program
Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick, Jury Duty and Personal Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Team Member Special Events
Casual Wear on select days
We are looking for a dynamic and eager to learn General Ledger Accountant to be a part of our Accounting Department in this mid-level position. If you are looking for a new opportunity to support an exciting and growing company, come join our Team! The Chumash Casino Resort is a premier employer in Santa Barbara County located in the beautiful wine country of Santa Ynez, California.
The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for the effective handling of accounting books and records in compliance with established policy and procedures. The General Ledger Accountant supports many facets of our hospitality based company such as; Hotel, Entertainment, Food and Beverage and Spa.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
- Responsible for the effective handling of accounting books and records in compliance with established policy and procedure.
- Reconciles assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Produces assigned journal entries.
- Maintains books and records within the section and reconciles to proof totals on a periodic basis.
- Prepares accounting statements and reports as required and ensures proper reconciliation with supporting documentation.
- Assists with month end closing as directed.
- Assists with departmental interface with appropriate internal and external departments, agencies, and companies.
- Receives, balances, collects, and verifies computer accounting data for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensures supporting documentation is provided as required.
- Maintains awareness for discrepancies or suspicious circumstances and investigates as required.
- Follows up, as required, to include related correspondence within established guidelines.
- Assists in research necessary for financial analysis, budgets and operations analysis.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and integrity while observing the highly confidential nature of the position.