The Investment Analyst monitors, collects, analyzes, interprets, and evaluates financial, investment, and economic data. Evaluates potential investment opportunities, and interprets and evaluates the investment positions managed by outsourced firms.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Monitors Tribal investments to ensure all compliance regulations are met.
- Monitors, collects and interprets financial market data (stocks, bonds, economic indicators, etc.), private equity and debt, credit, real estate, and alternative investments including hedge funds.
- Uses understanding of financial information (e.g., company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements, financial modeling and projection, etc.) to analyze and report on investment positioning.
- Stays abreast of market developments, new investment products, movements in the economies of relevant countries, etc. Monitors the financial news using specialist media sources (e.g., FRED data, Bloomberg, NAREIT, etc).
- Assists in the preparation of detailed monthly and quarterly reports summarizing asset allocation, and monthly, year to date, and long-term historical performance of all investments.
- Interprets, drafts and writes research reports for executive leadership and for use with internal and external committees. Prepares presentations as required.
- With the help of investment assistants, responsible for monitoring investment trading and various settlement activity, including maintaining an accurate Advent (portfolio management) database of publicly traded positions and limited partnership transactions via third-party managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.